Rhetoric & Writing
RHE 306 – Rhetoric & Writing is a course in argumentation that situates rhetoric as an art of civic discourse. It is designed to enhance your ability to analyze the various positions held in any public debate and to advocate your own position effectively. Your work in this course will help you advance the critical writing and reading skills you will need to succeed in courses for your major and university degree.
You will learn how to:
- identify, evaluate, construct, and organize effective arguments
- read critically
- advocate a specific position responsibly
- conduct library and web-based research and document sources
- produce a clean, efficient style and adapt it to various rhetorical situations
- edit and proofread your own and others’ prose.